Hello everyone! I hope all of you are wonderful today.
After a hectic couple of weeks, I am happy to be back sharing yet another review post with all of you. A little over a month ago, I was gifted some goodies from ColourPop Cosmetics, a growing cosmetic brand based out of L.A., for my birthday and have been playing with them since.
Let’s jump into the review!
I placed an order for eight eyeshadows with varying finishes ranging from matte, metallic, and shimmer. This product has an incredibly unique formula; though they are powder the consistency feels creamy and smooth. They glide on the lid with such unbelievable ease, blend beautifully, and the pigmentation is unreal. For the $5.00 price tag these shades are a steal for any makeup enthusiast.
For my oily eyelids I felt these lasted quite well without a primer, but a primer can increase the longevity. Application is best done with fingers since it packs the color on much more richly. A synthetic brush can be used especially for blending, but using fingers is great for the initial overlay. The product itself has an almost bouncy or squishy feel to it when you press your finger in lightly and swirl. The packaging is simple, but distinguishable with the holographic logo that I find so fun and fitting to the brand! The instructions for the care of the eyeshadows emphasizes keeping the shadows properly sealed to prevent it from drying. I would also recommend not keeping them open for prolonged periods during application to prevent drying as well.
Let’s take a closer look at the eight shades I picked out!
These four shades are primarily matte with the exception of Juicer. It has the faintest touch of shimmer that is barely detectable when applied. I cannot begin to describe how much I love these matte shades. The pigmentation and ease of application really makes these shadows a joy to work with.
- Juicer is a vibrant, warm toned yellow that is a blast to use! Here I showed my favorite way to apply yellow eyeshadow.
- Bill is a wonderful pinky mauve color that is a great everyday color that pairs wonderfully with other shades or works well on it’s own for a light wash of color on the lids.
- Hustle is a rich burgundy that is so pigmented it can leave a bit of a stain when you try to remove it. Fantastic shade; I’m absolutely in love with it.
- Doe-A-Dear was part of their holiday collection. It’s a deep eggplant color that is right up my alley. I love how rich the shade is and works as a great substitute for black if you want a softer look.
This next set is composed of metallic and shimmer shadows. These shades just blew my mind away with the pigmentation. One swatch alone accomplished the pay off in the pictures!
- Get Lucky is a soft, antiqued gold that I absolutely adore. I am fond of gold shadows to begin with and this did not disappoint.
- Game Face from the instant I saw it, I knew I had to have it. It is an intense, metallic copper that has pretty much stolen my heart. I had been on the hunt for a great, pigmented copper and this fit the bill perfectly.
- Sequin is a warm rosy pink infused with shimmer. I love how playfully flirty this shade is and how the light catches the sparkle.
- I Heart This has become one of my top inner corner highlight when I want something a bit more dramatic. A silver, taupe shade infused with multi-dimensional shimmer adds some much needed “umph” to any eye look.
Overall, I highly recommend these products if you’re curious about trying a new brand. The pigmentation is unbelievably great, the application is smooth, and the price point works for anyone’s budget so why not give it a try. They also do not test on animals which is yet another win for me!
Have your tried any products from ColourPop Cosmetics? Let us know your thoughts on them!
Until next time. Take care!