Alabama: Rich brick red shade. Classic, sumptuous, and festive. A wonderful option during the fall and winter holidays.
Bloody Mary: Red based berry shade. Coquette, juicy, and vibrant. A great year round option for a fun twist on a classic red lip with some added umph.
Pure Red: Orange based red shade. Eye catching, feisty, and alluring. This red is fitting for all occasions in need of some vivacity.
Indie Flick: Bright orange shade. Tropical, daring, and vivacious. This shade is the essence of summer in a tube.
Strawberry Daiquiri: A peachy nude shade. Sweet, angelic, and soft. A go to option for an everyday lip.
Sweet Pink: Bright pink with hints of lavender shade. Electric, hypnotizing, and carefree. A lovely spring season option for those who aren’t afraid of some color.
Hello everyone! I hope you’re having a lovely day!
Today I’ll be reviewing six of the lipsticks in the NYX matte lipstick collection. These lipsticks have a matte finish as the name implies. They are priced around $6.00 making it readily available to fit anyone’s budget. This product has a variety of shades ranging from creamy neutrals to bold, bright colors. Something about a vivid matte lip really draws my attention and these are my go to lipsticks to achieve the look.
- These lipsticks apply easily providing rich color upon the first application.
- The lipsticks as they appear in the bullet are translated exactly on to the lips in the same shade and intensity.
- The packaging is great! It is lightweight, simple, and has a clear panel that allows you to see the color of the actual lipstick when choosing it out.
- They are incredibly long lasting! I have had them on for hours at a time where I had something to eat, drink, and patted them with a napkin and I still had the pigment on my lips.
- The lipsticks are truly matte with no shine as promised by the name of the product.
- The rich creamy formula feels comfortable on the lips.
- They are affordable making it accessible to everyone of varying budgets.
- Due to the matte texture of the lipstick, it can make your lips feel a tad dry throughout the day if you don’t properly moisturize them.
- Since the colors are richly pigmented, upon removal you may be left with a temporary stain of the color.
- If you do not properly exfoliate and moisturize your lips this lipstick will highlight all the dry areas especially the lighter colors: Strawberry Daiquiri and Indie Flick
- Be careful to apply the lipstick slowly as any shape imperfections can easily be noted.
Final Thoughts and Rating:
Overall I give this product an A!
I think it’s a fantastic, matte lipstick at a great price. They have become one of my favorite lipsticks and matte formulations. They provide a wide variety of colors to choose from and, based on the six I own, are all highly pigmented and true to color. The rich creamy texture makes them rather comfortable to wear despite the matte formula accusations of being too dry. I highly recommend it!
Quick Tips on Application:
- Exfoliate your lips and apply your favorite lip balm before doing your makeup to allow the balm to fully moisturize your lips.
- Apply the lipstick straight from the bullet to achieve a vibrant color.
- Make sure to blot your lips with a tissue to remove any excess.
Until next time. Take care!