Hello everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful day!
I’ve recently been testing three shades out of the ten from the Revlon Colorburst Matte Lip Balm line in Unapologetic, Shameless, and Striking. These lipsticks can be purchased for about $8.00 at your local drugstore.
- All the shades are beautifully pigmented and apply quite opaque.
- Affordability within any budget range as well as accessibility in where to purchase.
- A true matte texture with absolutely no shine as promised by the claims.
- The colors are long lasting and incredibly vibrant.
- I enjoy the packaging and design of the actual product. It’s easy to distinguish the color when looking through your makeup collection. The chubby stick design is brilliant since the finer tip makes for a more accurate application.
- The colors are perfect for the spring and summer!
- Due to it’s matte texture, you must make sure your lips are not dry as it will highlight the dry patches. Shameless is the least forgiving of the three shades I have tried.
- Since the pigment is so rich and it doesn’t budge easily from your lips, expect a light stain on your lips upon removal.
- I have noticed that the drugstore where this product is typically found tend to be low in stock in the color variety. Though not a negative of the product itself, it is something to keep in mind if you decide to purchase it.
Final Thoughts and Rating:
Overall, I give this product an A!
I truly enjoy the pigment and finish of these colors. They are fun, long lasting, and vibrant for the warmer seasons. I would highly recommend picking up some colors from this line. I plan on getting more shades in the near future!
Quick tips on Application:
- Exfoliate your lips and apply your favorite balm before doing your makeup to allow the balm to fully moisturize your lips.
- Apply the lipstick straight from the stick to achieve a vibrant color.
- Make sure to blot your lips with a tissue to remove any excess.
Until next time. Take care!